Alba Indigo Powder
What are the advantages of using indigo?
- It is an all-natural hair dye that does not harm your hair in any way.
- When mixed with henna, it gives your hair a rich brown colour.
- When applied over henna treated hair, it gives a lush black colour.
- Regular use of indigo on hair can treat and prevent premature greying.
- Indigo extracts stimulate new hair growth.
- Indigo was also found to enhance hair colour and shine and provide a cooling sensation
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For Black hair. Indigo should be used as a 2 step application process.
Step 1: Applying Henna
- Combine the henna powder and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly start adding water and stir this mixture until you have a thick pudding-like paste.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and leave it on overnight for the dye in the henna to release.
- Drape an old towel around your shoulders and put on your rubber gloves.
- Divide your hair into as many sections as you want and clip them up.
- Working with one section at a time, start applying henna with a hair coloring brush right from the roots to the ends.
- Roll this section around your finger into a little curl and stick it to your head.
- Once you are done with applying henna to all the sections, apply the rest of the henna all over your head and work it in with your hands for complete coverage.
- Put on a shower cap.
- You can leave in the henna for anywhere between 2 hours and overnight.
- Rinse off the henna with just water. Do not use shampoo or conditioner.
Step 2: Applying Indigo
- Mix the indigo powder, salt, and corn starch and slowly add water to it until you have a thick paste.
- Divide your hair into sections and apply the indigo paste to it the same way you applied henna.
- Put on a shower cap and leave it on overnight.
- Wash off the indigo paste with water. Do not use any shampoo or conditioner on it for the next 2-3 days.
The black colour of your hair may take a couple of days to develop fully.
For brown hair it is a one-step process that requires about half the processing time.
What You Need
- Henna powder (200 g)
- Indigo powder (100 g)
- Yogurt (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Glass mixing bowl
- Big spoon
- Plastic wrap
- Hair coloring brush
- Rubber gloves
- Old towel
- Shower cap
- Sectioning clips
What to do
- Combine the henna powder and yogurt in the glass bowl and slowly add and stir water into it until you have a thick paste.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and leave it on overnight for the henna’s dye to release.
- Mix the indigo powder and salt into the henna paste the next morning. You can add more water to adjust the consistency of the paste.
- Drape an old towel around your shoulders to prevent your clothes from getting stained.
- Divide your hair into as many sections as you want to make the colouring process convenient and clip them up.
- Put on your rubber gloves.
- Working with one section of hair at a time, apply the henna and indigo paste from the roots to the tips.
- Once you have applied the paste to all your hair, roll it up in a bun and put on a shower cap.
- Leave the henna and indigo paste on for 2 hours.
- Wash it off with cool water and do not use any shampoo or conditioner.
And that’s it! That’s how easy it is to use henna and indigo to color your hair. Indigo natural hair dye imparts a smooth texture to your hair.
Precaution: It may cause skin irritation