Alba - Reetha Powder
- Reetha lather mildly which cleanses the hair and scalp thoroughly to get rid of the oils and impurities.
- Reetha is a natural conditioner and cleanser.
- It does conditions the hair from roots to tips.
- Reetha makes hair thicker and bouncy.
- Regular use of reetha imparts hair a natural luster and shine which make hair appear healthy.
- It also makes hair thicker and controls hair fall and dandruff.
1. Uses of Reetha for hair as Reetha homemade herbal shampoo
There are numerous reetha shampoos available in the market but won’t that be good if you can devote some time and make homemade shampoo with reetha yourself which is devoid of any chemicals. So here is how to make reetha shampoo at home recipe:
Preparation: Take 10-12 reetha (soap nut) and take out the seeds. Break the outer skin that you have got with the hands and soak them in 3 cups of water. Add some dried amla or shikkakai also. Keep this water for the soaking for 8-9 hours. Night time is the best to do that. The next day, pour the water in a saucepan or small bowl. Put that on the burner. Boil the water with the reetha, amla and shikkakai at low flame and keep it to boil till one a cup of water is left or you can check with a fork if the reetha and other ingredients have softened or not. Put off the flame and let it cool down.
Once it cools down. Mash the reetha with the hands which have become soften by this time. Strain the water and fill in a small bottle. Your homemade reetha shampoo is ready. Use this water to wash the hair. It will lather mildly but do not expect fancy lather like the sulphate shampoos. Using reetha as shampoo will clean the scalp and makes hair thicker.
2. Uses of reetha for hair as Reetha hair conditioner
To prepare a reetha hair conditioner, repeat the entire same procedure mentioned above but only with the reetha. Do not put any other thing, just the reetha and water. Use that reetha infused water to condition the hair. This natural hair conditioner will also add shine to the hair and also controls hair fall.
3. Uses of reetha for hair as Reetha Hair pack
When your hair is dull and shine less than reetha hair pack is the best pack to get the shine and the lost luster in the hair. Take 3 teaspoonfuls of reetha powder and add some water to make paste. Add one lemon’s juice and 2 teaspoonful of yogurt into it. Mix well. Apply this on the scalp and hair. Coat all the hair strands with this mixture and at the ends which are lifeless and dry.
Reetha is very beneficial when you use this regularly for the hair care.